Yesterday I had my watercolor figure class and our instructor, Victoria, demonstrated a technique that she invented, originally for the purpose of rescuing failed watercolor paintings. It is fascinating to watch. Using watercolor-tinted gouache, compressed charcoal, pastel and regular gesso to correct the offending areas and turn the watercolor piece into a multimedia project, she produced an amazing painting. Afterward, we went outside where she gave the painting a clear gesso bath to seal the colors. To see some examples done by Victoria, go to her website. Check out Anne, Whitney, Leigh Ann and Kate in the figure gallery there. I am now working on rescuing one of my own. If I am successful, I'll add it to this post later.
Thursday afternoon we got a flu shot and went out to dinner for a private celebration of Bob's birthday, knowing that tonight we'll have the family version. It has been an eventful two days!